Inspired by a recent trip to Queenstown, and picking up some of our Central Otago stone fruits, who can resist these; sweet, seductive, Honey Roasted Apricots, the perfect Valentines Day desert for all those aspiring Gordon Ramsays!
8-10 ripe apricots* sliced in half, stones removed
A good drizzle of honey, about 1/4 cup
1 tsp ground cinnamom
Zest and juice of a lemon
1 cup double cream
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup silvered almonds, lightly toasted
* Most types of stonefruit would be lovely here, such as nectarines and peaches.
1. Set the oven to 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the apricots, honey, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice, gently toss to combine.
3. Transfer to a baking dish, and roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until tender and caramelised.
4. Pour the cream into a bowl, along with the vanilla, and beat until gently whipped.
5. Serve the apricots warm, along with the whipped cream, and a sprinkling of toasted silvered almonds.
Original Recipe: NZ Herald